Where can I apply for a position within the Group?
You can apply on our OFT Human Resources Website. Simply select Careers on the navigation pane.
Regretably we do not conduct interviews until we have a potential candidate list.
Do I need a login code to view career profiles?
No. You do not need a login to view or apply for the different vacancies.
What do I need to submit in my application documentation?
A detailed CV covering the following items:
- Name, Address, Contact Details,
- Position Applied for – Country Specific,
- A copy of your ID or Passport document,
- Summary of previous work experience,
- ICT Skills Profile,
- Your special attributes,
- Formal Qualifications and achievements,
- Motivational Summary.
Do I require a valid driver’s licence?
The simple answer is yes. A code 08 is essential for our operations.
We do in some cases (based on merit) assist employees to acquire their Code 08 licence.
Code 10 or PDP licence requirements will be referenced in the position advertised.
Is there any chance that I may be considered for a position for which I am not suitably qualified?
We will consider cases where the applicants Attitude, Aptitude and Experience can be developed based on the merits of the application.
How do I submit my Application?
You can mail your application in either a MS Word or Pdf format to the following address:
What would make me suitable to join the OFT Group?
- You must be at least 18 years and be legally eligible to work in South Africa.
- You must be legally registered with SARS.
- Experience in the Sub-Sahara African countries would be advantageous.
- It would be advantageous to have a tertiary qualification relevant to the position you are applying for.
- You must have a driver’s licence should the position you are applying for require you driving a motor vehicle.
- You should disclose all convictions of prior criminal offences.
- You should disclose all relevant information pertaining to your previous employment.
- You have not moved from one job to another within a 2-year period (excluding retrenchment).
- You are not bound by a non-competition, confidentiality or trade secret agreement.
What would make me an unsuitable candidate to join the Group?
- Failure to disclose information that is required to make an informed employment decision or reluctance to do so,
- A valid Restraint of Trade or other Restraint agreements restraining the utilisation of your services.
- A record of dishonesty,
- Inability to conclude the work applied for,
- A lack of contactable References.
Would I be required to travel extensively in Africa?
As an International business travel is a requirement – your position, location and career will determine the duration and frequency of your travel commitments.
Will I be required to undergo a medical check-up prior to appointment?
Depending on the position applied for we may elect to request an induction medical examination which we cover the costs of.
Will my information be regarded as confidential?
Absolutely - Our Group retains applications and may contact you if not successful on the first attempt.
What are your Language requirements?
A sound understanding to read, write and articulate in English is essential for South Africa while an additional language will be advantageous.
Mozambique - Angola - Portuguese
What checks do you normally perform on new applicants?
Depending on the position applied for the following may be concluded before a employment decision is made:
- Criminal Record - History
- Personal Credit check
- Background checks
- Qualification verification
- Technical positions - Operational Fitness and Medical check-ups
Is a probation period applicable should I be appointed?
YES - Dependant on the position applied for this term ranges from 4 months - 6 months.